The MCC funding for this component will be used to:-
- Construct an approximately 24 km access road
- Construct a small (up to 8MW) run-of river hydropower plant on the Malagarasi River at Igamba Falls, and
- Construct a transmission and distribution network along the Kigoma, Uvinza and Kasulu corridor to serve approximately 21,000 customers.
ii) Rehabilitation of Transmission and Distribution System;
The MCC funding for this component will be used to rehabilitate electricity power transmission and distribution system and extend distribution network in six regions namely, Tanga, Morogoro, Dodoma, Mwanza, Iringa and Mbeya. This activity is expected to serve approximately 215,000 customers.
iii) A submarine cable inter-connector between Dar-es salaam and Zanzibar (Unguja);
The MCC funding for this component will be used to increase electricity power supply to the Unguja Island in Zanzibar by:-
- Constructing and installing an approximately 40 km long 132kV and a 100MW capacity submarine electric cable (Including fibre optic shield wire) from Ras Kiromoni on the Mainland to Ras Fumba in Unguja.
- Installation of a 132kV switch gear at Ubungo substation, and
- Laying of an approximately 20 km long, supplementary 132kV - Overhead line along the existing transmission line from Ubungo to Ras Kiromoni.
- Laying of an approximately 22 km long, supplementary 132kV. Overhead line along the existing transmission line from Ras Fumba to Mtoni substation in Unguja, and
- Adding 120MVA of 132/33kV transmission capacity to the Mtoni substation.