Programme Management & Technical Assistance for DAWASA, DAWASCO & MORUWASA
Notice/Contract Number: MCAT/CIF/0030
Publication Date: Oct 21, 2008
Deadline: Oct 31, 2008
Funding Agency: Millennium Challenge Account
Eligibility of Bidders: Successful completion, as a prime consultant, of at least 2 similar projects in the past 5 years.
Experience with Advising and Assisting Water Utilities.
Experience with supervising Non Revenue Water Reduction Activities.
Must have a team of experienced and qualified water engineers, utility finance/tariff, asset management, quantity & land surveyors, environmental and resettlement specialists
Original Language: English
Address:Â Â Keith Treviss
Procurement Agent Manager
Millennium Challenge Account-Tanzania
P.O. Box 9111
Dar es SalaamÂ Â
Telephone:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 255 22 213 5702
Fax:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 255 22 213 5702
Email:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Click here
Web Site:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â www.mca-t.go.tz
Â Â Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â * 41100000 - Natural waterÂ Â
Â Â Â * 41110000 - Drinking waterÂ Â
Â Â Â * 65130000 - Operation of water suppliesÂ Â
Â Â Â * 65120000 - Operation of a water-purification plantÂ Â
Â Â Â * 65110000 - Water distributionÂ Â
Â Â Â * 45245000 - Dredging and pumping works for water treatment plant installationsÂ Â Â
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION FOR PROPOSALS
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO
DAWASA, DAWASCO AND MORUWASA
1. The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Tanzania (the Government) have entered into a Millennium Challenge Compact (the Compact) for Millennium Challenge Account assistance to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Tanzania in the amount of USD 698,136,000 million (MCC funding). The Millennium Challenge Account -Tanzania (MCA-Tanzania) on behalf of the Government intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of MCC funding to eligible payments under this contract. Payments by MCA- Tanzania will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions, including restrictions on the use of MCC funding of the Compact. No party other than the Government and MCA-Tanzania shall derive any rights from the Compact or have any claim to the proceeds of MCCfunding.
2. The Government has developed a comprehensive plan to build water resource management capacity and to improve and extend water supplies. As part of this plan, the Government submitted an investment package to the MCC for various water and sanitation projects. The MCC, after a Due Diligence process to evaluate that investment package, is prepared to finance three large water projects (herein referred to as Activities) â‚¬Å“ two in Dar es Salaam (DSM) and one in Morogoro. To support the implementation of those three (3) Activities, MCA-Tanzania will provide Program Management and Technical Assistance (PMTA) to DAWASA, DAWASCO and MORUWASA.
3. A consultant shall be contracted to provide a wide range of Programme Management and Technical Assistance to the entities named at para 2 above. This will require specialists in Project Management techniques, finance and basic engineering design, construction, operations and maintenance of water supply activities.
4. This Invitation for Proposals follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on dgMarketâ€žÂ¢s website, on 3 October, 2008, UNDBOnline on 8 October, 2008, the MCA-Tanzania website www.MCA-T.go.tz on 7 October, 2008, and local newspapers, The Daily News and The Guardian from 7 October, 2008.
5. MCA- Tanzania now invites Proposals to provide the consultancy services shown above. More details on the services required are provided in the Terms of Reference in the Request for Proposals (RFP).
6. This RFP is open to all eligible Consultants who wish to respond. Association among Foreign and Local Consultants is encouraged, but it is not mandatory. Consultants may only associate with each other in the form of a joint venture or in a sub-consultancy agreement to complement their respective areas of expertise to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment.
7. A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS), the evaluation procedure for which is described in sections of this RFP in accordance with Ã…â€œMCC Program Procurement Guidelines which are provided on the MCC website www.mcc.gov.
8. The minimum qualifications for the Consulting Firm are:
-Successful completion, as a prime consultant, of at least 2 similar projects in the past 5 years.
-Experience with Advising and Assisting Water Utilities.
-Experience with supervising Non Revenue Water Reduction Activities.
-Must have a team of experienced and qualified water engineers, utility finance/tariff, asset management, quantity & land surveyors, environmental and resettlement specialists.
9. Consultants interested in submitting a Proposal should register their interest by sending an e-mail, giving their full contact details, to the MCA-Tanzania Procurement Agent at:
Address: Millennium Challenge Account-Tanzania, Room 401, Development House, Kivukoni Front/Ohio Street, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
A registration form will be sent by email to consultants that register their interest.
10. The closing time for receipt of requests for the RFP is 31 October, 2008 by close of business. Requests received after this date shall not be considered. The RFP shall be sent to all registered, eligible, consultants, by email, on 3 November, 2008. The deadline for submission of the Technical and Financial Proposals shall be advised in the RFP.
Bernard S Mchomvu
Chief Executive Officer,
Millennium Challenge Account-Tanzania,
Kivukoni Front/Ohio Street,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania